In accordance with Article 16 of the Constitution of the Society, members of The Japan Wetland Society can establish and operate “Subcommittees” and publish their research results from 2018.
For more information on the current active Subcommittees of The Japan Wetland Society, please click here.
If you wish to establish a Subcommittee, please read the following detailed regulations and send the necessary documents to the Secretariat of The Japan Wetland Society by e-mail.
Bylaws for the establishment and operation of the “Subcommittees” in The Japan Wetland Society
The Board of Directors of The Japan Wetland Society, September 8, 2017
In order to promote thematic research activities and to contribute to the daily research activities of all members, the Wetlands Society of Japan members may establish and operate “Subcommittees” and publish their research results in order to stimulate interdisciplinary research activities in the Japan Wetland Society. This is based on the provisions of Article 16 (Committees and Subcommittees) of the Constitution of The Japan Wetland Society.
2. Establishment of the Subcommittees
1. Every member can apply to the Board of Directors for the establishment of a Subcommittee, with a list of three or more members to initiate the Subcommittee, specifying the subject and purpose of the research.
2. Non-members may participate as a few guests for a period of one activity.
3. The Board of Directors shall review the application and if no particular problem is encountered, the Board of Directors shall approve the establishment of the Subcommittee and notify the members of the Committee on the website.
4. The Section shall be established with the approval of the Board of Directors.
5. The Board of Directors shall report the approval and establishment of Subcommittees to the General Meeting.
6. The continuation of the Section shall be approved by the Board of Directors every three years.
3. Management of the Section
1. To make the Section open to all members, the members of the Society shall be invited to participate widely.
2. A “Chairperson” shall be elected by the members of the Division as a representative of the Division, and the Division shall be managed in an organized and open manner, for example by holding periodic workshops and other meetings.
3. The Chairperson of the Subcommittee shall submit a report on its activities to the Director of Research at the end of each year in an effort to revitalize the research. The Director in charge of Research shall periodically monitor the progress of the research of the Subcommittee and report on it at the Board of Directors’ meeting and General Assembly.
4. The Subcommittee shall be provided with a grant. The Subcommittee shall use the funds in a manner consistent with the purpose of the Society and submit an accounting report including the submission of receipts to the Director in charge. The amount of the grant shall be determined by the Board of Directors according to the financial situation of the Society’s headquarters.
5. The contents and results of the Division’s research shall be reported at the General Meeting and in Wetland Research.
4. Enforcement of the Bylaws
1. The bylaws shall be enforced by resolution of the Board of Directors.
2. These bylaws may be revised from time to time by the Board of Directors with the vote of the Board of Directors in accordance with the actual operation of the bylaws.